Sunday, June 28, 2009


Jon and I are going dumpster diving! We're pulling cardboard out and loading it into the trunk of Jon's Lexus. Classic. Cardboard is a great substitute for weed fabric, and its a lot cheaper. Lay it down on the ground and cover it with wood chip mulch, and it will block weeds. It also holds moisture for plants, and will attract worms (which we just learned are good), and will biodegrade into compost next year. I may be visiting this dumpster a lot in the future.


Jon and I made hamburgers for lunch, and we used tomatoes and onions from my garden. (I got my first tomato of the year!) This garden thing is working out nicely.


I also went swimming in Benbrook Lake today. It was my first time swimming in a lake, but it felt great. I'm going to do great in the tri.

No comments:

Post a Comment