Monday, June 1, 2009


Chicago, Day 2. We went birdwatching at Montrose Point. I've never seen so many warblers. It was overwhelming, but I loved it. Jon also spotted a Summer Tanager in full breeding plumage. I hadn't seen one before, but I had always wanted to, so that was great.


We then walked to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It didn't look that far, but it ended up being about 5 miles. Ugh. The zoo was full of locusts, but it was interesting. We saw a red panda, some warthogs in the mud, and some chimps playing in their own poo. The big cat house was really cool, it was the very old style that I've only seen in kids' books.


Then we went to the Chicago History Museum. They had an exhibit of dresses worn by rich Chicagoans over the years. They also had the bed that Lincoln died in. It was a small, ordinary looking bed.


Then...we went to Wrigley!!!! It was awesome, and everything I had hoped it would be. We watched the Cubs play the Dodgers. The Cubs lost, but it was a very exciting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment