Monday, June 8, 2009


I took my bike off-roading today. I went to Z Boaz park. Its a very nice night out, and there were lots of kids on the playgrounds and soccer fields, but no bikes. I rode around the road until I finally found the trail. At first I didn't like it at all. The flat sections were ok, although the vegetation was really overgrown (some of which I was afraid was poison ivy), and I really couldn't tell which way I was supposed to be going. The loops weren't very long at all. Every now and then I'd end at a steep hill I would not ride down, I'd walk or carry my bike down. I found the suspension bridge, and its fun to walk across, but no way I'm riding.


I went back across the suspension bridge to loop A. It was a little clearer, and a little hillier, and TONS more fun. I went faster and faster around the loops (they were still really short), and even up and down hills. I did have to stop a few times and tell myself I wasn't dead yet, but then I'd try something even harder. I had a lot of fun, and feel ready to go find some real trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment