Thursday, June 18, 2009


I'm really impressed with the people protesting in Iran. Who expected them to take the elections to get rid of Ahmadinejad this seriously? But good for them. Since Sunday they have been holding peaceful, silent protest, and the numbers of people protesting are growing. Millions marched in Tehran today. The Iranian government is very upset by this, and the Basij (armed branch of the clerics) have been attacking. There is a lot of violence in Iran, as the Basij attack the people and vandalize the city. The Iranian government tried to effectively lock down their country, not allowing journalists to report and shutting down ISPs. But this is the information age, and its awfully difficult to shut down Twitter, not to mention all the proxies that people have set up all over the world for Iranians to use. By now, even government cabinet members are splitting on views on this revolution.


The protesters only want a new president and Supreme Leader, and release of all political prisoners. Not crazy requests (unless you're Ahmadinejad). I wish them luck, and I wish I could support them, but they're on the other side of the world, and its their country. I don't have the skills to set up a proxy, so I'll leave that to those who know how, even though the revolution needs them. They need blood too, but I don't know how to get that there. I wore green today to show my support, and told everyone I saw about the revolution. Fark.com actually has a lot of good info in the threads, and Autisn Heap (google him) can help you to do a proxy.


"The revolution lives on, long live the revolution." -- Tatsuma

No comments:

Post a Comment