Monday, June 8, 2009


I put out a lot of bird feeders in my yard (although not all at once). In the summer I put out this hummingbird feeder. I've had hummers for the past two years, maybe longer. I haven't seen them yet, but Jon has some, so they should be around eventually. I usually have to keep the feeder up for a few weeks before they show up. I think they make nests around here, because once they get going, they eat a lot.


In the winter, I have a tube feeder with sunflower seeds. I get Cardinals, Mourning Doves, Chickadees, Finches, and Sparrows. I've put up a suet feeder a few times, but I never saw anything, and then it rained and washed it all away. I need to try that again. I had an oriole show up to the hummingbird feeder one day, so I put an oriole feeder out, but I never saw him at it. I've seen the orioles, a male and female, for the past 2 summers, but they only stay for a day or so. Maybe with the feeder they'll stay longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment