Saturday, August 15, 2009


Tonight was my last swim before the tri. Tomorrow I will do a short bike ride followed by a shorter run, and I will be done with training. The feeling is similar to exam time during school. I've done all the preparations, and now its just time to do the real thing. I know I'm prepared, and I'll do good, but I'm still nervous about everything that could go wrong.
Also, I had a toad in the pond tonight!! And two on the patio!! Its been less than a week, and the pond is working!! Unfortunately, I noticed the toad in the pond was swimming from side to side and trying to get out...and couldn't. The sides were too slippery and steep. It was so sad. I have a bunch of rocks left that I was planning on putting in the water to help out wildlife in just such a situation, so I put a few in. The toad made it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment