Monday, August 10, 2009


Today was a busy day. First Jon and I went for a run along the top of the Benbrook Dam. Its about 3 miles round trip, and the view is awesome. It was crazy windy though. Luckily it was from the side and not a head wind. Jon kept pushing me to run faster. It doesn't feel good, but its good for me.


After the run we went to the farmer's market on the traffic circle. It was my first time, and it was about what I expected. Lots of produce for sale, and some cheese, soaps, and jellies. We bought some peach jelly and a watermelon for breakfast. Yummy.


Then Jon and I got to the hard part of the day. We are digging a pond in my backyard. I want to certify my yard as a wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federatrion, and I need to add a water feature. Yes, the birdbath I have for the front yard will satisfy the requirements, but a pond is so much better. I don't remember why we decided to dig this pond in August though...but we did good. The pond is about 7 by 4 feet big, kidney shaped, and about 18 inches deep. Jon had a bunch of flagstone in his yard that he didn't want, so we dug it up and brought it to my house, then loaded up dirt from the hole into large plastic bins and took it to his house to fill in the holes from the stones. It took several trips, and my car was not happy at hauling the heavy loads. So we did two projects in one today, digging a pond and removing flagstones.


We finished out the night by hanging out with Karyn and John and playing the Wii. A very busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment