Monday, August 3, 2009


I am very hungry. We made linguine with tomatoes and basil for dinner, and the tomatoes came from my garden and the basil from Jon's. It was very tasty. And why am I so hungry? I did a complete brick today. I rode the Benbrook tri course, about 14 miles, including up both sides of Nice Hill. It was my first time pedalling up both sides. Then I ran 3 miles. I did really good too. I didn't take any more walk breaks than normal, and I kept my pace up the entire time. It took me 1 hour and 53 minutes, including the transition time of putting my bike back on the car and chugging a Gatorade. My goal is to do the tri in under 2 hours, so I wouldn't have made that today, but I took it easy the first 20 minutes of the bike ride, and I don't have any race day adrenaline. But even if I don't make it in under 2 hours, I'm still going to do great.

No comments:

Post a Comment