Sunday, March 22, 2009


This is my Road ID bracelet I just bought. I go running and biking by myself a lot, and most running shorts don't have pockets, so I don't carry ID. The bracelet has a metal tag with my name, emergency phone numbers, medical allergies, blood type, and organ donor status. I was reading the testimonials on the website (http://www.roadid.com/), and people were saying how they collapsed while running, or got hit by a car on a bike (one guy even hit a deer while on his bike), and their ID gave the paramedics the info they needed. At first that made me nervouse, because I don't want to get hit by a car, but that's silly. Emergencies happen, and in order to get through them you have to be prepared. Putting down that I was an organ donor also made me a little nervous, but again I told myself I was being silly. Doctors want to make sure I keep my organs, but if I can't, at least someone else should have a chance. I think organ donation is important, so I put it on my ID.


I went running today with my ID (3.5 miles, and I felt great), and nothing bad happened. Everyone should have an ID if they go out without a wallet, rather its running, hiking, surfing, kayaking, etc. Besides the bracelet you can get an anklet, a dog tag, or a shoe tag. You make sure your pet has ID in case they get lost, you should do the same for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment