Thursday, March 19, 2009


These are the scars I have from shoulder surgery. They are about the length of my thumbnail, and there is a third one on the backside of my shoulder. I had a Bankhart repair of my right shoulder. Basically there is a gasket around your shoulder, that holds your arm bone (humorus?) to your shoulder blade. I tore mine off in the front, one of the 7 dislocations must have done it. The doctor drilled into my shoulder blade, sank in some anchors, and reattached the gasket. It didn't hurt much, and as you can see there are hardly any scars. It was about 4 months ago, and I can just now move my arm above my head again. I still can't reach very well in some directions, and have very little strength, but that will all come with time. I graduated from physical therapy this week (my therapist, Marie, is awesome), and hopefully next week the doctor will clear me for more activities.


Then I get to go fix my left shoulder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment