Sunday, March 8, 2009


Running hurts. I did 3 miles today, but most of it was walking. It took me 45 minutes. Its hot and dry again today. My shins got really sore, and my feet started cramping up, which I've heard is a sign of dehydration. I wasn't sweating as much as I thought I should either.


I almost turned around at the one mile mark, but I decided to push it to do 3 miles (my original plan was 4). I'm doing a 5k next weekend, and I want my body to know what 3 miles is, so I don't hit a wall at mile 2.5. Also, the 5k is in the afternoon, so I'm getting acclimated to running in the heat of the day. At least during the race they will have water tables. I drink like a fish when I run. The sloshing in my stomach doesn't bother me at all, I'd rather be fully hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment