Saturday, October 24, 2009


Yes, that is snow on my boot! It snowed! Only up on Mount Rogers though, nowhere else, and its only an inch or so. Its still fun to see snow. Jon and I really want to go hiking, so we decided to not let the snow stop us. We did pick a short one mile trail rather than a long one though, and we walked fast. It was very windy, but only in the tree tops. In the forest, it was still. Enough sun filtered through to make it very nice.


We looked at the log cabin village, but it wasn't very exciting. There was a small cemetary there, from the Jones family. I love old cemetaries, and I think family cemetaries are especially cool. I like to read the names of the people buried there. I feel that if I see their name, even if I have no idea who they were, then in some way they are still remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment