Saturday, October 24, 2009


Just because we're on vacation doesn't mean Jon and I aren't running. I even signed up for a 5k in Galax. This is the 20th annual Autumn Days 5k. It starts in Felt's Park, goes to the New River Trail, and returns back to the park. It wasn't a bad course, and was pretty flat, which is hard to find around here.

It was 38 degrees at racetime. Not the coldest 5k I've done (the 2007 FW Turkey Trot was 32 degrees), but it was pretty fricken cold. I also had more cold weather clothes last time. (I did at least have pants though. Why were the people who live around here in shorts?) My racetime was 35:02, which is a bit faster than I have been going. So I seem to be making slow progress at getting faster. As I was approaching the one mile marker, I saw the winner running past the two mile marker. He was very fast.

Jon met me at the finish line with hot chocolate. It was awesome. Then we had lunch at the Galax Smokehouse. They have amazing bbq. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment