Monday, October 12, 2009


Its the State Fair of Texas. I finally got to see the pig races tonight. It was adorable. Four pigs would race around the track to get the coveted prize--an Oreo cookie. I don't blame them, Oreos are tasty.

We also had to eat a lot of the fair fried food. We had chicken fried bacon, a deep fried peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwich, a deep fried s'more, deep fried cheesecake, and this picture, of deep fried peaches and cream. It was all good, but not spectacular. My favorite food was actually the hamburger I got at the Owens building. We chickend out of the deep fried butter.

We saw a few of the animals, but not many. We walked around the crafts a little, and around the Midway a little, but did not ride any rides or play any games. We did go see the world's smallest horse. He was a tiny horse. He looked kind of bored too. Oh, and I forgot the butter sculpture. There was a refridgerated room with a bar scene from the old west, life size, entirely out of butter. I don't know what its point was.

No comments:

Post a Comment