Friday, October 16, 2009


This is my mom and my brother, Phillip. We went to Blacksburg today, where Phillip lives, to visit him. On the way we stopped to visit my mom's friend in Hillsville, who has a giant kitty-enclosure in her backyard. She wanted to let her six cats outside, but was afraid they would get into the road. So she had a 20 foot x 30 foot "cage" built in her backyard. It is filled with perches and staircases and scratching posts. There is a little tunnel to the basement window, where a kitty door lets the cats in and out.

Last year Phillip introduced Jon and me to disc golf, and we wanted to play again. It was a beautiful, sunny, fall day, and we had tons of fun playing disc golf. The course (Golden Hills, I think was the name) is very difficult, heavily wooded, with steep slopes. It was very pretty, with the leaves all changing colors and falling.

There weren't very many other people playing, just the four of us. It was my mom's first time, but she did pretty good, and had loads of fun. Jon and I are much better than we were last year, I even made par on a couple of holes. Phillip plays a lot, and is quite good, although he says he is out of practice.

After the game, we had lunch, and drove around looking at the Virginia Tech campus. Phillip is in a pool (billiards) league, and had a match that night, but we had to drive back to Independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment