Sunday, February 14, 2010


Today was a busy day. This morning I joined the 2 Hands group, which is a community gardening group in town. This morning I worked in the community plot by spreading cardboard and mulch. This is the first time the group is planting in the plot (which is just an empty lot in the city that used to have a house on it), so we probably won't plant much on it, just work on making the soil healthy.

After that I went to Jon's house, where I had had four cubic yards of compost delivered. Jon and I both heard that spreading a thin layer of compost over your yard in late winter will improve your yard, so we're giving it a try. We raked compost all over his front yard, but still have plenty left for my yard and his backyard. Four cubic yards is a lot. The grass is supposed to be healthier, and need 70% less water, with this treatment. And its organic.

We had to stop raking compost early because we had a wedding to go to. The daughter of a guy we used to work with was getting married. The ceremony was outside, and it was kind of chilly, but the sky was sunny and blue and it was very pretty. The reception was nice too, with lots of good food. This is only the start of our wedding attendance this year. We also have weddings to go to in April, May, June, and November. I also know other people getting married, but I'm not going to their wedding. 2010 seems to be a popular year for marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment