Wednesday, December 30, 2009


Merry Christmas! This is the first white Christmas in central Texas since 1926. Its wonderful. We opened presents with Jon's family through Skype, which was fun. We were at his house, but our Christmas stuff was at my house. The roads were pretty icy, so we decided to walk. Its only a mile, and it was so much fun to be out in the snow. When we got to my house, my dad had the cinnamon rolls ready. Some of my neighbors had a snowball fight, and I'm so jealous that I can't throw.

This is my present from Jon. He wraps stuff in brown paper, which is wonderfully fun. He got creative this time and tied it up with copper wire. Inside I found a two-person four-season backpacking tent. I can't wait to go use it. He unwrapped his giant package to find a large tile wet saw. It may not sound that romantic to you, but he's in the middle of a bathroom remodel, and also has a kitchen and laundry room to tackle.

We went to dinner at a friend's house, and came home with full bellies and lots of leftovers. A nice Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment