Thursday, November 19, 2009


This is the aftermath of the party. I didn't have a chance to take a before picture, but it looked fabulous. We had everything scheduled pretty well, too. Jon cleaned most of the day while I fixed things, then when it got closer to party time we both fixed things. We were just finishing up the last two dishes when the guests started arriving. The food was delicious. Not everyone could make it, but I think we had a good time. I thought it was great fun. So here's the menu:


Assorted Fruit, Assorted Vegetables, Antipasto, Baba Ganoush, Cocktail Weenies, Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes, Stuffed Mushrooms, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Deviled Eggs, Potato Skins, Mushroom Bruschetta, Assorted Cheeses, Finger Sandwiches, and Radish and Butter Sandwiches. For dessert we had Caramel Popcorn, Raspberry Shortbread Cookies, and Chocolate Fondue (with Pound Cake, Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Strawberries, and Bananas for dipping). We had Egg Nog, but we never got around to drinking it.


Before the party I ran the JSF 5k. I ran too fast on the first mile (10 minutes!!) and was dead for the next mile. My legs were also very sore from being catcher last night. I was tired all day, and just wanted to lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment