Wednesday, January 6, 2010


My fish Caligula has died, for real this time. I came home once a year or so ago to find him floating upside down, but was too tired to throw him out. When I went to get his body the next day, he was swimming around. He was still upside down, but alive. Or at least undead. The petstore said he probably had a swim bladder infection and gave me some medicine. He eventually managed to swim around sideways, but he never was fully upright ever again.


This time he is really dead. His body was on the bottom of the bowl, upside down, and stayed that way for a day while I waited to make sure. It started to grow fuzz, which is a sure sign of death. I thought about putting him in the compost pile, but a burial at sea seemed appropriate. This is how I buried Nero, so its tradition. Good bye, Caligula.

No comments:

Post a Comment