Friday, January 1, 2010




Happy New Year's Eve! I have never been very good at celebrating this holiday, maybe thats why I'm not a big fan. Last year Jon and I spent it by painting my kitchen cabinets, but Jon got sick from the paint fumes, and had to go to bed.




This year Jon and I worked on demolishing his bathroom. I smashed up tiles in the closet, while he tore down drywall and smashed up more tile. It was a productive day, but we felt like we should do something, so we found some friends to have dinner with.




In Jon's family, they exchange books for New Year's. He doesn't know why they started it, but it seems like a good tradition. Jon gave me a pulpy detective novel, a genre that I love. I gave him a book on using a compass and navigating in the wild. I can remember playing Risk all night on New Year's as a kid, but you can't play Risk with only two people. We're playing Battleship instead. May seem lame to you, but what do you for New Year's? Drink? We didn't make it to midnight, we got tired and went to bed at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment