Sunday, July 19, 2009


We built rain barrels today. I got a bright blue 55 gallon barrel, and we added a spigot to the bottom in class. My barrel has a clamp to take off the lid, otherwise we would have had to cut it off. I don't have gutters yet, but I know where the rain flows off the valleys in my roof, so I can just set the barrel under that. Once I get gutters I will direct the downspout into it. I also think I'll get some Krylon plastic paint and paint it to match my house. Bright blue isn't the accent I'm going for. I have an asphalt shingle roof, so the rainwater won't be good for drinking, but my plants will still like it.


But this picture is obviously not of a rain barrel. Sam had a slip-n-slide party. I've never been on a slip-n-slide, but I have always wanted too, and this one was awesome. Tons of fun. I didn't do so well feet first, but I went very fast head first, and would crash into the pool at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment