Wednesday, February 25, 2009


So my friend Karyn is becoming a photographer, and she is working on this project where she takes a picture of herself every day for a year. I got a digital camera for Christmas, and I am discovering that I love taking pictures. So starting on my birthday, February 24, I am going to take a picture of myself everyday and document my 29th year. I think that Karyn will like that she has inspired me.

For my first pic, I thought of taking a picture of me carrying my books to class, because even though its my birthday, I was going to go to class. Then I decided to ditch class and go to dinner with my friends (relax, its only continuing education). I was going to take a picture of me with my boyfriend, but even though he is a big part of my life, and I hope he remains that way for a long, long time, this blog is about me.

So I took a picture of my face. It didn't turn out quite like I expected...I must have got a good angle. Most pictures of me say "cute enough, if she lost a few pounds." I don't want to be skinny, but I recently gained a lot of weight. Its bothering me all the more because less than a year and a half ago I was at my goal weight.

So this is me. I'm pretty happy, I smile a lot. I am a little heavy, but I like to work out and play sports, and I have decided to work on improving my diet. I love learning, and am taking Spanish classes at the community college. I have a wonderful boyfriend (you'll see him in later pics) and a precious kitty (you'll see her later too). I have a house I like to work on. I have a cool job in the field I went to college for. I have wonderful friends, and a wonderful family. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. And wow, you have great eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, you've been doing this since FEBRUARY and you never told me! Secretive!!! But awesome!

    ReplyDelete